Rules and RegulationsThe following rules have been designed to ensure fair play for all participants. Each player is expected to understand these rules before participating in the tournament. Any questions concerning these rules should be directed to the event staff.
Before the Game
- Each team must have a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 4 players on its roster.
- The players’ names must be on the registration form by the entry deadline.
- No roster changes after the roster fee deadline. A player can participate in only one team for the tournament duration.
- All players must sign a score sheet before each game and designate the team’s captain/spokesperson
- The captain will always represent his/her team as a spokesperson.
- All games must start with 3 players on each team. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit or disqualification from the tournament.
- Each team is allowed 1 coach. A coach may not, under no circumstances, play in the tournament. The coach is just that and not a player.
- The ball must be checked and thrown (not dribbled) behind the top of the arc of the 3-point line.
- First violation: Warning from referee or court monitor
- Subsequent violations: change of possession
- Length of games: 15-minute running clock, or first team to 21
- If a game is tied at the end of 15 minutes, the first overtime is 3 minutes.
- Second overtimes consist of the winner scoring the first 4 overtime points.
- No take-backs on balls that did not hit the rim or the backboard. The ball doesn’t change possession after a made bucket. You make it; you take it.
- Stalling: no stalling is allowed. The court monitor or staff member may institute a 30-second shot clock anytime. After a team has been warned about stalling, failure to attempt a shot within 30 seconds will result in losing possession.
- Jump Balls: all jump balls become the possession of the defensive team.
- Time out: each team is allowed two 30-second timeouts per game. The running game clock does not stop during timeouts. No timeouts are permitted in the last 3 minutes of the game.
- Each team is permitted one time out in an overtime period.
- No time outs for the second overtime period.
- Ball clearance: when in play, the ball must be “cleared” on each change of possession. “Cleared” means both feet behind the 3-point arc. Failure to clear the basketball is a violation.
- First violation is a warning from the court monitor.
- Subsequent violations will result in a change of possession.
- No parking zone: there is no 3-second rule, per se; however, the expectation is that players do not park in the key. Therefore a 5-second rule where a player may not be in the key.
- The first violation is a warning from the court monitor
- Subsequent violations will result in a change of violation.
- Scoring: baskets made from inside the arc count as 2 points. Baskets made when both feet are behind the arc count as 3 points. Referees will call “2 points”. If there is any doubt about the location of the shot, 2 points will be given by the court monitor.
- Foul: Fouls will be called by the referee/court monitor. After the third team foul, teams will shoot free throws. The ball will be taken out above the 3-point line if a foul is called.
- After the game, both teams’ captains must sign the score sheet to ensure that the correct score is reported. If there is a discrepancy, the decision of the scorekeeper will be final.
RespectRespect to every participant involved in this tournament. No acts of violence or threats will be tolerated by anyone interested in this tournament. Any act of violence will result in the cancelation of this tournament.
- Providence Baptist Church or 3 on 3 Basketball is not liable for any senseless acts of violence or injuries caused by this.
- Players play at their own risk; Providence Baptist Church or 3 on 3 Basketball are not responsible/liable for any injuries sustained during play.
- Roster/Roster Fees: Rosters may be turned in as early as July 1; the deadline for any roster is
July 22, 2023. As of July 22August 4th, all roster fees must be turned in.
- August 5, 2023, tournament play starts at 11:00 AM and will be the tip for the first 2 games.
- All submitted rosters have a $50 roster fee; no team can participate in the 3-on-3 tournament without roster fee clearance. NO EXCEPTIONS ALLOWED!!!!
- Uniforms will not be provided by the 3 on 3 tournaments. Teams are encouraged to wear a solid color as one.
- After this tournament, the winning team is rewarded $1000.00 for winning the 3 on 3 tournaments. There is nothing for second place. Second place is not celebrated.“